Shop The Room
We're loving pastel decorations for Halloween this year. The colours of a pastel halloween theme create a not-so-scary feel for children. Decorating the fireplace is a great way to contain the Halloween decorations. Read more on how we created this cute Halloween display.
Halloween Books for Kids
Our Halloween inspiration came from a selection of children's books which we have used on this mantel. You could recreate a similar display with a reading display in your child's playroom or bedroom. Here's a selection of the Halloween themed books we're loving (not all shown in this image):
- Gilbert The Ghost - Guido Van Genechten
- Vamperina Ballerina - Anne Marie Pace & LeUyen Pham
- They All Saw A Cat - Brendan Wenzel
- How To Make Friends With A Ghost - Rebecca Green
- The Scariest Book Ever - Bob Shea
We love stars all year around but adding black stars to our Halloween theme helps to create a sense of magic. Kids will also love these floating witch hats. Simply thread some clear fishing line through the top of the hat and attach to the ceiling with some magic tape (or tie to a beam, light fitting etc.).
SAFETY FIRST - this display was decorated whilst the fireplace was out of use. Please don't attempt to hang decorations close to a working fireplace.
The featured bunting in our pastel Halloween mantel display is our Hey Boo Bunting, made from black and pastel coloured felt flags with white glittery ghosts and black glittery text embellishment.
Room Decor and Accessories
- Star wall stickers - Bunny and Bear Studio
- Star wall decoration - Bobo and the Mouse
- Ghost wall hanging - Milk Teeth
- Witches hat - from a selection at Amazon
- Books - see above list
- Black gauze - Wilko
- "Wonderful" postcard - Daydream Paper Studio
- Halloween A-Z print - Olive & Eve Co.
- Lanterns and candle holders - from a selection at Ikea
- Battery operated candles - Lights4fun
- "magic" word - Hey Kiddo Studio
- "Twinkle twinkle" print - Daydream Paper Studio
- Black rubber spiders - from a selection at Amazon